THIS IS HOW IT WORKS
1) Create an Account with Norman's
2) We will need your Power of Attorney in order to clear your product under your company's name
3) What will you be importing? and How Frequently?
- At Norman's, we can clear product into any port within the US, Air & Ocean.
4) Do you have a Customs Bond?
- A Customs Bond is an annual cost (please inquire for the current rate) which is necessary when working with perishable product and/or importing product at a high rate
- A Single Entry Bond can be used, however, this is not recommended, as it is more expensive and will hold up the process another 24 hours or so.
5) What are the Costs?
- Norman's Custom Entry Fee (inquire within)
- Import Service Charge is an airline fee which is due to the airline upon pick-up of the product, this can range anywhere from $75 to $100, depending on which airline your product arrives on. This has been known to increase from time to time, based that particular airline handling service
- Merchandise Processing Fee (Duty) is the money due to US Customs upon arrival of product into the country, this is based on the value and the quantity of the product you will be importing, as well as, what location in the world you will be importing from. (please inquire within for the equation)
- FDA Prior Notice is a small fee for filing initial documentation when beginning the shipping process, some what expediting the "clearance" process
6) As a Custom's Broker, This is what Norman's will do for you...
- We Cooperate with various Government Agencies
- Handle any charges due upon arrival of product into the US
- We Track your product, and provide you with up to date information concerning the arrival of your product
- We will provide your carrier (transportation/trucker) with the correct arrival information and funds in order to pick-up the product without any problems or delays
- We follow up with Customs & FDA for a "May Proceed"and/or "Release"
- We have an FDA Registered Facility, available for inspections and/or designated holds
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Bilingual Office Staff